[Koha-devel] Additional DB indices for Koha?

DevinimKoha kohadevinim at devinim.com.tr
Wed Mar 23 21:12:52 CET 2022

Hi all,

Indexes and in generally speaking database performance tuning is quite
complex in some cases and is very related with your system, data, size
of customers, etc.

It is better to look at every system specifically.

In general, it is not true that indexes give performance everytime. I
may see, in many cases, indexes become a big issue in lots of databases
after a while.

As you mentioned, in some cases insert,updates can be quite slow in some
situations due to indexes.