[Koha-devel] Responsive DataTables

dcook at prosentient.com.au dcook at prosentient.com.au
Mon May 9 04:18:01 CEST 2022

Hi all,

A librarian pointed out to me that the table in the OPAC cart is not
responsive (ie the table flows off the edge of the screen).

I took a little look online and it looks like DataTables does have mobile
support:
https://datatables.net/extensions/rowreorder/examples/initialisation/respons
ive.html

I needed to add "responsive: true" to the DT initialisation and include
https://cdn.datatables.net/responsive/2.2.9/js/dataTables.responsive.min.js
but it mostly worked.

I think we'd need to play around a bit with "dtr-control"
(https://datatables.net/extensions/responsive/examples/child-rows/column-con
trol.html) so that we could show columns that can't fit onto the screen. But
that probably wouldn't take that much work.

What do people think? It looks like it would be a great addition to Koha.

David Cook

Senior Software Engineer

Prosentient Systems

Suite 7.03