[Koha-devel] ERM - workflow change

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 16:53:49 CET 2022

Hi all, we pushed ERM but didn't communicate some decisions made:

- For running the ERM component (and in the future any other Vue-driven
thing) a build step needs to happen. Either:

$ yarn build_js

or (the dev-oriented version):

$ yarn watch_js

- We could've gone 'the SCSS' way, in which the RM(aint) compiles the thing
and pushes to Git along with the changes. But we decided it would have an
impact on the size of the repository pretty fast. So for now, the decision
is we will do it at release time. This is also common practice on Vue
projects.

- We could add the build as part of the 'reset_all' command KTD users are
familiar with. TBD

- Yes, now that running Koha requires a build step, we could just add SCSS
there, that's to be discussed early next cycle.

- We need a way to pre-bundle all the dependencies in KTD, so people can
fire up KTD while being offline. Agustín is wrapping up a proposal for
this. TBD

Please share your thoughts, and sorry for not communicating this earlier.

--
Tomás Cohen Arazi
Theke Solutions (http://theke.io)