[Koha-devel] Shortcodes in HTML areas

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Wed Oct 19 04:58:13 CEST 2022

Hi all,

I've been working with Wordpress plugins lately, and I've been thinking how
the Wordpress shortcodes are really handy. They let you easily inject
content from a plugin into any content area in Wordpress just by including
something like "[my_search_results]".

One use would be for Koha plugins to inject content. For something like
Bywater's Coverflow, that could be quite interesting. It could also make it
easier to inject content from plugins without having to rely on Javascript
(although using Javascript with Koha plugin REST API routes is very nice).

I was thinking it could be useful for moving around core Koha blocks of
content like "Quote of the day", so the response is generated server-side
but is still easily customizable.

Anyway, it's just a thought.

David Cook

Senior Software Engineer