[Koha-devel] XSLT functions

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Mon Oct 31 06:38:35 CET 2022

Hi all,

I've probably already shared this, but I thought that I'd share it again
anyways.

Here's a neat way you can create functions in your Koha XSLTs:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

  xmlns:marc="http://www.loc.gov/MARC21/slim"

  xmlns:common="http://exslt.org/common"

  xmlns:str="http://exslt.org/strings"

  xmlns:func="http://exslt.org/functions"

  xmlns:my="http://prosentient.com.au/xsltfunctions"

  extension-element-prefixes="func"

  exclude-result-prefixes="marc str my common">

    <func:function name = "my:strToLower">

        <xsl:param name="string" />

        <xsl:variable name="lowercase" select="'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz'"
/>

        <xsl:variable name="uppercase" select="'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ'"
/>

        <xsl:variable name="translated" select="translate($string,
$uppercase, $lowercase)" />

       <func:result select="$translated"/>

    </func:function>

Most of the time you can probably just use templates with call-template and
a parameter, but I find functions can just be really handy.

David Cook

Senior Software Engineer

Prosentient Systems

Suite 7.03