[Koha-devel] Libraries using MARC 880 will need a fix...

dcook at prosentient.com.au dcook at prosentient.com.au
Fri Sep 9 01:07:15 CEST 2022

Hi all,

A couple months ago I wrote a fix for "Bug 15187 - Adding 880 Fields to
index-list in order to Increase Search for ALL non-latin Scripts" for Zebra.

While it worked in terms of adding 880 to the indexing, it created an
unexpected problem with the search result display, since the MARC records in
the search results are fetched from Zebra and not MySQL.

Yesterday, I raised "Bug 31532 - Zebra search results incorrect because of
Bug 15187". This uses pure Zebra configuration to use the same mechanism as
Bug 15187 but only at the indexing stage. Records retrieved from Zebra will
still be the original sent from Koha to Zebra. It's actually the original
solution I wrote for Bug 15187 before thinking there was an easier way.

Fwiw, Elasticsearch indexes the 880 in its own way in the Koha code.

David Cook

Senior Software Engineer

Prosentient Systems

Suite 7.03