[Koha-devel] koha-create with remote mariadb server

David Schmidt mail at davidschmidt.at
Thu Sep 29 18:47:04 CEST 2022

im trying to create a koha instance configured for a remote mariadb server

https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Debian#Create_a_Koha_instance

> remove /etc/mysql/koha-common.cnf
> create a new file in its place containing the connection
                  information for the server, in the form of a my.cnf file.

what does that mean? the only my.cnf file that I can find on the system is /etc/mysql/my.cnf and that doesnt look right

$ koha-create --dbhost 172.23.0.3 --database kohadb --request-db koha-demo
$ vim koha-demo-db-request.txt
$ koha-create --dbhost 172.23.0.3 --database kohadb --populate-db koha-demo
Koha instance is empty, no staff user created.

after that I still see the autogenerated password in /etc/koha/sites/koha-demo/koha-conf.xml and the mariadb database is empty

after reading the koha-create source i have a feeling this --request-db/--populate-db stuff cant possibly work. --populate-db is trying to get the db passwort using getinstancemysqluser() but that function is a wrapper around xmlstarlet and i was just told by `koha-create --request-db` to write the new db password into this txt file.

I will update the wiki after I figured this out

cheers
david