[Koha-devel] Question about an Acquisitions enhancement proposal

Alex Buckley alexbuckley at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Aug 23 02:52:44 CEST 2023

Hi Koha community,

I really enjoyed meeting many of you at KohaCon in Finland for the
first-time in person!!

I have a question. We have a partner library who is interested in
sponsoring an enhancement so they can change the quantity in order lines
of open baskets.

Currently, if you click the 'Modify' link for an order line in an open
basket and change the value in the Quantity text input a JavaScript
popup appears telling you "You can't add a new item, please create a new
order line" - see attached screenshot.

Looking at the code I can see that JavaScript popup is coming from
https://github.com/Koha-Community/Koha/blob/1403fd847a66432efda2c8724f61bcc6e413cda9/koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modules/acqui/neworderempty.tt#L144

Before we go any further with starting work on making a bug report and
writing this enhancement I wanted to check a few things with the
community to make sure we start on the right track:

Q1) Is adding the ability to change the quantity of order lines in open
baskets a bad idea?

Q2) Is there anything we should keep in mind?

Q3) Do you have any suggestions of how to approach writing this enhancement?

Any feedback, and suggestions, would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Alex