[Koha-devel] Question about an Acquisitions enhancement proposal

Alex Buckley alexbuckley at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Aug 25 02:56:27 CEST 2023

Hi Laurence,

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on this I really appreciate it.
It's good to know that others think this is a good idea too :)

Kind regards,

Alex

On 24/08/23 20:04, Laurence Rault wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> Q1) I think it is a good idea : it is already possible to change
> quantity when item is created at reception or cataloguing, so it seems
> consistent that quantity can be changed also when item is created at
> order.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Laurence Rault
>
> Le 23/08/2023 à 02:52, Alex Buckley a écrit :
>> Hi Koha community,
>>
>> I really enjoyed meeting many of you at KohaCon in Finland for the
>> first-time in person!!
>>
>> I have a question. We have a partner library who is interested in
>> sponsoring an enhancement so they can change the quantity in order
>> lines of open baskets.
>>
>> Currently, if you click the 'Modify' link for an order line in an
>> open basket and change the value in the Quantity text input a
>> JavaScript popup appears telling you "You can't add a new item,
>> please create a new order line" - see attached screenshot.
>>
>> Looking at the code I can see that JavaScript popup is coming from
>> https://github.com/Koha-Community/Koha/blob/1403fd847a66432efda2c8724f61bcc6e413cda9/koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modules/acqui/neworderempty.tt#L144
>>
>> Before we go any further with starting work on making a bug report
>> and writing this enhancement I wanted to check a few things with the
>> community to make sure we start on the right track:
>>
>> Q1) Is adding the ability to change the quantity of order lines in
>> open baskets a bad idea? >
>> Q2) Is there anything we should keep in mind?
>>
>> Q3) Do you have any suggestions of how to approach writing this
>> enhancement?
>

>> Any feedback, and suggestions, would be much appreciated.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Alex

*Alex Buckley (he/him)*
Koha Developer | Implementation Lead
*Catalyst.Net Limited - Expert Open Source Solutions*

*Catalyst.Net Limited - a Catalyst IT group company*
www.catalyst.net.nz <http://www.catalyst.net.nz>

Follow Catalyst Koha on Twitter <https://twitter.com/catalystkoha> |
Subscribe to the Catalyst Koha newsletter
<https://catalyst.us4.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=62457ff5060d15ee3c07d3fc4&id=b73fbdcac8>

Catalyst Logo

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email is intended for the named recipients
only. It may contain privileged, confidential or copyright information.
If you are not the named recipient, any use, reliance upon, disclosure
or copying of this email or its attachments is unauthorised. If you have
received this email in error, please reply via email or call +64 4 499 2267.