[Koha-devel] Compiled files removal from source tree

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 15:59:27 CET 2023

Hi all, there's been chatter and work about this subject in the last weeks.
This is something we postponed until after the 22.11 release, which
includes Vue files and forced us to rethink our build pipeline.

Today we've done two important things you need to be aware of:
* Compiled CSS and JS files of all sorts removed from the tree [1]
* misc4dev (hence KTD) will now recomplile things for you when you start
KTD or when you run `reset_all` [2]

>From now on, you will be able to run `yarn build` and all the things will
be built as required. Feel free to inspect the package.json file for more
fine-grained commands that have been added. Particularly, you might find
the *watch commands useful if you are developing. And there are *prod
commands that will be used by the release maintainers and packaging manager.

Any enhancements you might want to propose are welcome.

Kudos to Jonathan, David Cook, Martin and Mason for the great work they did.

[1] https://gitlab.com/joubu/Koha/-/commits/bug_32609
[2] https://gitlab.com/koha-community/koha-misc4dev/-/merge_requests/58

--
Tomás Cohen Arazi