[Koha-devel] REST API should not advertise required permissions

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Wed Jan 4 01:58:40 CET 2023

Hi all,

I just noticed the following error while testing the REST API:

{"error":"Authorization failure. Missing required
permission(s).","required_permissions":{"borrowers":"1"}}

It seems to me that we should just stop at "Authorization failure". While it
might be helpful for a dev to know what the required permissions are, I
think it would also be overly helpful for an attacker to know what
permissions are required too, no?

I suppose Koha is open source, so it wouldn't be hard for them to look them
up anyway, but it just seems odd?

David Cook

Senior Software Engineer

Prosentient Systems