[Koha-devel] KTD, permissions and stuff

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 22:02:51 CET 2023

Hi all, after several comments from people struggling with permissions,
yarn build, etc; I've went ahead and tweaked the new `ktd` command so the
default behavior is to jump into the container, on the instance user. i.e.

# this command will put you in what we traditionally call 'kshell'
ktd --shell
# and this command will put you in a root shell as before
ktd --root --shell

In addition to this, the instance user has been granted (in newer images)
sudo permissions (passwordless) and some of the traditional 'root' aliases
have been copied into its profile. There's probably some tidy to be done,
but this is a start.

The README has been adjusted a bit, please help tidying it until we decide
if we keep the old docs.

See you soon!

--
Tomás Cohen Arazi