[Koha-devel] Faster database update checks

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Tue Jul 4 04:26:24 CEST 2023

Hi all,

I just wanted to bring people's attention to my bug "Bug 34088 - Schema
upgrade should short circuit faster if no upgrade needs to be done".

It can check if Koha needs a database update in a fraction of the time of
the current code. When you have a lot of Koha databases, processing database
updates (especially when there is no update to do!) takes a long time. But
you can check 60 databases in about 3.5 seconds with my patch (instead of
over 60 seconds).

This should speed up deployments.

--

On a side note, I think that having #DEBHELPER# *before* koha-upgrade-schema
means that Koha is started up *before* the database is upgraded. I'd have to

David Cook

Senior Software Engineer

Prosentient Systems

Suite 7.03