[Koha-devel] Problems with pbuilder and gitlab runner

Aleisha Amohia aleisha at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Jun 30 03:03:51 CEST 2023

Hello everyone

We're having a problem with pbuilder and I wonder if anyone is
experiencing the same thing, or if we're misunderstanding how this is
supposed to work.

We have pbuilder set up on a test server, and we've run all these
commands:
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Building_Debian_Packages_-_The_Easy_Way#Enter_pbuilder

Then we set off a pipeline in Gitlab, which essentially just runs
./debian/build-git-snapshot to build our Koha package.

We've noticed that we are being required to log into pbuilder and run
those commands from the wiki page before every package build/pipeline.

Is that expected? We would've thought that the commands only have to be
run once and the environment is then saved in base.tgz and used.

Has anyone else experienced this and know how to fix?

--
*Aleisha Amohia (she/her)*
Koha Technical Lead

*Catalyst.Net Ltd - a Catalyst IT group company*
Tel: +64 4 499 2267 | www.catalyst.net.nz <http://www.catalyst.net.nz>

Catalyst Logo

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email is intended for the named recipients
only. It may contain privileged, confidential or copyright information.
If you are not the named recipient, any use, reliance upon, disclosure
or copying of this email or its attachments is unauthorised. If you have
received this email in error, please reply via email or call +64 4 499 2267.