[Koha-devel] Session Token fo Login into Koha

Michael Hafen michael.hafen at washk12.org
Tue Mar 28 18:51:42 CEST 2023

Check the REST* system preferences, especially RESTBasicAuth.
I've successfully used the oauth style authentication, with a patron API
key in php using curl.  My code looks like this:

            $id = $file_content->id;
            $secret = $file_content->secret;

            $result = $this->post( 'api/v1/oauth/token', array(
                'client_id' => $id,
                'client_secret' => $secret,
                'grant_type' => 'client_credentials',
            ) );

            if ( !empty($result->access_token) ) {
                $this->bearer = $result;
            }

On Tue, Mar 28, 2023 at 12:28 AM Muhammad Uzair <uzair.metro at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hey!
> I am using the following code to retrieve the session code from Koha using
> Koha RestAPI.
>
> import requests
> import base64
>
> domain = 'http://my-domain.com'
> username = 'user'
> password = 'password'
> api_key = 'my-api-key'
> client_id = 'id'
>
> url = f'{domain}/api/v1/auth/token'
> auth_header_value =
> base64.b64encode(f'{username}:{password}'.encode()).decode()
>
> headers = {
>     'Authorization': f'Basic {auth_header_value}',
>     'X-API-Key': api_key
> }
>
> response = requests.post(url, headers=headers)
>
> if response.status_code == 200:
>     access_token = response.text
>     print(f"Access token: {access_token}")
> else:
>     print(f"Error: {response.status_code} {response.reason}")
>
> I am supposed to get a session token with response code 200. But I am
> getting an error 404 i.e. default response. I have done the code in perl
> but getting the same response.
>
> Kindly help me to solve this issue as it is my university project.

Michael Hafen
Washington County School District Technology Department
Systems Analyst