[Koha-devel] Timeouts when doing stocktake/inventory

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Thu May 11 05:12:43 CEST 2023

Hi all,

Recently, I've had several libraries getting timeouts when using the
stocktake/inventory feature.

The timeout isn't coming from the server-side, but rather from the HTTP
forward proxies being used by these libraries (or rather the much larger
organisations to which the libraries belong). They appear to timeout after
about 55-60 seconds of inactivity. So far the stocktake/inventory feature is
the key pain point.

I'm wondering if we should aim at moving at least some of the
stocktake/inventory work into background processing, or at the very least
staged processing, so fewer steps are happening during a single HTTP
request.

Before I do any work on it, I'd like to get a sense of what other people
think is a good idea for this feature.

David Cook

Senior Software Engineer

Prosentient Systems