[Koha-devel] Starting rabbitmq-server fails with Koha 22.11.05-2

Mason James mtj at kohaaloha.com
Fri May 12 01:13:18 CEST 2023

On 12/05/23 3:53 am, Michael Kuhn wrote:
> Hi
>
> Today I had trouble installing Koha 22.11.05-2 - meanwhile I have found an older posting by myself ( https://lists.katipo.co.nz/public/koha/2022-August/058296.html ) and followed my own hint.
>
> Again I was able to solve the problem by adding the hostname to the
> 127.0.0.1 line in file "/etc/hosts":
>
> 127.0.0.1 koha localhost
>
> I still don't know why this is necessary (on most machines it isn't) but whatever - it works.
>
> Thanks for your patience & best wishes: Michael

hiya, i think it's new behaviour in rabbitmq 3.8.6, which arrived in debian 11

the following page has some info, and trouble-shooting steps

  https://www.rabbitmq.com/networking.html#dns

"Since hostname resolution is a prerequisite for successful inter-node communication, starting with RabbitMQ 3.8.6"