[Koha-devel] {"error":"Authentication failure."} in koha 21.11

Michael Hafen michael.hafen at washk12.org
Thu May 25 19:47:17 CEST 2023

I suppose you are using Apache for the web server.  Please take a look at
the 'CGIPassAuth On' option, I believe this may be part of your problem.
Specifically, in the <Directory "/usr/share/koha/api"> section of the
/etc/koha/apache-shared-intranet.conf file.

It is possible that your program needs to watch for the auth failure
message, and try to do something like Basic Authentication with the client
id and secret when it sees that message.

Devs,
  Perhaps the CGIPassAuth option needs to be added as part of Koha's Apache
config in the file I mention above?

On Thu, May 25, 2023 at 5:01 AM Zahid Iqbal <zahidiqbal.isb at gmail.com>
wrote:

> i am using koha 21.11
> enable all system preference for rest api's for koha. generate secret code
> and client id, give full rights to patron
> enabled
> RESTBasicAuth
> RESTOAuth2ClientCredentials
> RESTPublicAnonymousRequests
> RESTPublicAPI
>
> but when i access http://111.68.97.170:8005/api/v1/patrons/
> error show {"error":"Authentication failure."}
> am i missing something?
> also enabled plack for koha
> waiting for response
>
> --
> *Zahid*

Michael Hafen
Washington County School District Technology Department
Systems Analyst