[Koha-devel] Using Elasticsearch in koha-testing-docker

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Tue Nov 7 03:55:10 CET 2023

Hi all,

I'm trying to use Elasticsearch in koha-testing-docker, and I would
appreciate some assistance.

Here's the steps I'm taking:

1.	Launch koha-testing-docker
2.	Update Koha's sysprefs

a.	Change SearchEngine from "Zebra" to "Elasticsearch" at
http://localhost:8081/cgi-bin/koha/admin/preferences.pl?op=search
<http://localhost:8081/cgi-bin/koha/admin/preferences.pl?op=search&searchfie
ld=SearchEngine> &searchfield=SearchEngine

3.	(Re)build Elasticsearch indexes:

a.	koha-elasticsearch --rebuild kohadev

4.	Start Elasticsearch indexer:

a.	koha-es-indexer --start kohadev

Is there anything else to do? In a prod install, do I just need to update
the "elasticsearch" config in koha-conf.xml?

Do I leave all the Zebra things running or can I turn those off? I recall
reading somewhere that zebra_queue might fill up if I turn it off?

Thanks all!

David Cook

Senior Software Engineer

Prosentient Systems