[Koha-devel] Memory footprint of Koha processes

Thomas Klausner domm at plix.at
Tue Oct 24 09:25:45 CEST 2023

Hi!

On Mon, Oct 23, 2023 at 03:57:16PM -0400, Philippe Blouin via Koha-devel wrote:

> background_jobs_worker.pl for instance uses 170M per instance, and plack
> uses 200M without anything being loaded.

How are you calculating the memory usage? I remember from mod_perl times
that if you preload as much code as possible before forking of
plack/redis workers much of the memory will be shared between processes.

So maybe the actual memory usage is much lower than what you expect it
to be. And if it's not, then we should investigate how to pull as much
`use` statements into pieces of code that are loaded before a `fork`
happens.

Greetings,
domm

--
Thomas Klausner               domm                  https://domm.plix.at
Just another ( Perl | Postgres | Bicycle | Food | Photo | Vinyl ) Hacker

Moneglia, Italy, via Puck, 2 day exposure
[ 2023-10-14 10:00 > https://domm.plix.at/potd/2023-10-14.html ]

Long and good read: http://bit-player.org/2023/ai-and-the-end-of-programming
[ 2023-09-14 12:01 > https://domm.plix.at/microblog.html ]