[Koha-devel] Is koha-common.postinst restarting services in the correct order?

Aleisha Amohia aleisha at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Oct 25 23:28:55 CEST 2023

Hello everyone

Curious what other people think here...

We have set up koha-common to be upgraded using unattended upgrades.
Whenever we do this, something happens to koha-worker and eventually
worker-output.log fills up the disk. The only solution appears to be
deleting the log file then restarting memcached and koha-common - but it
would be good to avoid doing this if our packages get upgraded for us
overnight.

Keen on a discussion here! How do you manage this? Does
koha-common.postinst need to be changed to restart services better or do
we want to keep it as is so Koha administrators must restart services
manually after koha-common is upgraded?

--
*Aleisha Amohia (she/her)*
Koha Technical Lead

*Catalyst.Net Ltd - a Catalyst IT group company*
Tel: +64 4 803 2259 or +61 3 9116 2642 | www.catalyst.net.nz
<http://www.catalyst.net.nz>

Follow Catalyst Koha on Twitter <https://twitter.com/catalystkoha> |
Subscribe to the Catalyst Koha newsletter
<https://catalyst.us4.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=62457ff5060d15ee3c07d3fc4&id=b73fbdcac8>

Catalyst Logo

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email is intended for the named recipients
only. It may contain privileged, confidential or copyright information.
If you are not the named recipient, any use, reliance upon, disclosure
or copying of this email or its attachments is unauthorised. If you have
received this email in error, please reply via email or call +64 4 499 2267.