[Koha-devel] ktd and persistent data

januszop at gmail.com januszop at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 22:48:53 CEST 2023

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you very much for you kind reply and explanation.  This is really comforting—at least I can be sure this was not because of my ignorance that it did not work.

As to the merge request, if I understand it correctly, we would have to edit the .env file and put there the environment variable USE_EXISTING_DB by hand after creating the db (i.e. before the second run of kp)?

Why not to put the environment variable in the docker-compose.persistent.yml file (by adding there a value for the key services//koha//environment//USE_EXISTING_DB) and then conditionally skip the creation of the database in populate_db.pl if 1) the variable is set AND 2) the database exists and is not empty (which could be tested as it is now, with prefs_count or $patrons_count, for instance)?

In addition, in this case probably an alias should be created for ‘docker volume rm koha_db-data’ to easily delete the volume if necessary…

Wouldn’t it be a possibility?

Best greetings,

Janusz