[Koha-devel] 24.05 Release dates

Fischer, Katrin katrin.fischer at bsz-bw.de
Tue Apr 16 16:53:38 CEST 2024

Hi all,

you've probably already been waiting for this, so here it is:

.         30 April: Soft feature freeze

o   Nothing big or with high risk of side-effects will be pushed after this
date.

o   Everything Passed QA will be reviewed by RM for this release and pushed
if no further work is required.

.         10 May: Hard feature freeze and String warning

o   Nothing categorized as 'enhancement' or 'new feature' will be pushed
after this date if not already marked as Passed QA.

.         13 May: String warning - Start your translations!

o   With the new translation system the translation files are continuously
updated, so you can start on translations anytime. We assume that by this
date most string changes should have been pushed as we will have entered
hard feature freeze.

o   If you haven't entered release notes for your features and enhancements
on Bugzilla yet, now is the time to help pretty up the release notes!

.          17 May: Bug freeze / String freeze

o   Only bug fixes considered major, critical or blocker will be pushed
after this.

o   We will avoid pushing any more string changes to let translators finish.

o   Last release preparations will take place.

.         28 May: 24.05 Release

Dates are to be read as 'until the end of this day' in your own timezone. ;)

Close to the finish line - let's make 24.05 shine!

Katrin

PS: Please consider putting your name down for one of the many roles in the
release team for 24.11! https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Roles_for_24.11