[Koha-devel] 22.11.12 having package dependency problems?

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Wed Jan 24 06:59:13 CET 2024

I help out a few libraries running 22.11 straight from the community, and
two libraries lately have had Koha go down during automatic upgrades to
22.11.12-1.

koha-common mostly installs but fails to complete due to unmet dependencies:

apt install koha-common -s

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree... Done

Reading state information... Done

koha-common is already the newest version (22.11.12-1).

You might want to run 'apt --fix-broken install' to correct these.

koha-common : Depends: koha-l10n but it is not going to be installed

E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt --fix-broken install' with no packages (or
specify a solution).

You can remedy this by running apt-get install koha-l10n, but I'm curious
why this is happening. I imagine it must be happening to more libraries
around the world as well.

Maybe when the koha-common upgrade ran the koha-l10n package wasn't
available?

Has anyone else bumped into this?

I didn't realize that we were backporting koha-l10n to other releases than
23.11, so it hasn't been on my radar until now.

David Cook

Senior Software Engineer

Prosentient Systems

Suite 7.03