[Koha-devel] Biblios not always removed from Elasticsearch index after delete

Emmi Takkinen emmi.takkinen at koha-suomi.fi
Mon Jan 29 13:32:20 CET 2024

Hello all!

We've had some reports that biblios which have been deleted via "Merge records" aren't always deleted from index and are shown in the search result list. When one opens such a result, Koha of course says there is no such a record in database. Some of these biblios have been deleted from database weeks ago and I'm able to remove them manually from index. So it's not a case where Elasticsearch is just slow deleting them or that there is something wrong with the Elastic object. I've also searched our logs for errors, but haven't found anything that could explain this.

Has anyone faced a same sort of problem? We are running Koha version 22.11.00.001 <https://github.com/KohaSuomi/Koha-22x/commit/02c0a3b48a0854e2bbba0bd0064590b4a736ddea> with Elasticsearch 6.8.9.

Regards,
Emmi
---