[Koha-docs] Translation of manual using pootle

Galen Charlton gmcharlt at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 23:34:31 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 1:03 PM, Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel
<bgkriegel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Now, one of this tools (itstool) complains that the current version of the
> manual (git, 3.8.x)
> is not a valid XML file.
>
> The problem seems to be due to the use of ISO (HTML) named character
> entities,
> such as &copy; &nbsp; &ldquo, which are invalid in a XML document.

I'm not sure whether to call it a bug or not, but the problem actually
lies in itstool, not the document.  Specifically, itstool currently
has no way to load external DTDs.  It uses the libxml2 Python module,
so compare running

xmllint --noout manual.xml

vs.

xmllint --noout --loaddtd manual.xml

to see another example of an libxml2-based tool applied to the manual.
 As you can see, it works only if external DTDs are loaded.

I've put up a _very_ quick-and-dirty patch to itstool in the
load-dtds-quick-and-dirty branch at
https://gitorious.org/~gmcharlt/itstool/gmcharlts-itstool, and I'll
work on submitting a better patch to the maintainer of itstool.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton