[Koha-docs] Translation of manual using pootle

Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel bgkriegel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 00:42:26 CEST 2012

Galen,

> I'm not sure whether to call it a bug or not, but the problem actually
> lies in itstool, not the document.  Specifically, itstool currently
> has no way to load external DTDs.  It uses the libxml2 Python module,
> so compare running
>
> xmllint --noout manual.xml
>
> vs.
>
> xmllint --noout --loaddtd manual.xml
>
> to see another example of an libxml2-based tool applied to the manual.
>  As you can see, it works only if external DTDs are loaded.
>
> I've put up a _very_ quick-and-dirty patch to itstool in the
> load-dtds-quick-and-dirty branch at
> https://gitorious.org/~gmcharlt/itstool/gmcharlts-itstool, and I'll
> work on submitting a better patch to the maintainer of itstool.

you are right. In fact, an earlier version of itstool (1.1.0) complains, but
not abort (and does its job), from 1.1.1 onward exit with error.

My thought was to adapt the manual so we can work with the current version.
Yours is a better solution, but we must wait for an updated version, or
maybe
not because it only has to work on the server that generates the XML from
PO files,
and the server can run a patched version, but I do not know if server
administrators
support this type of solution.

Regards,

Bernardo