[Koha-docs] [Koha-translate] Arabic manual 38

Frédéric Demians frederic at tamil.fr
Sun Jul 15 12:07:33 CEST 2012

Hi Karam,

 > but the Question is , where we will work ? in the same Pootle Server ,
 > or that is not available ?

Very possible.

 > if that is available , I wish you upload the pot and po files to the
 > server If you want some guidelines you can use this guide it's very
 > useful , and very easy :

 > http://pwet.fr/man/linux/commandes/xml2po

Nothing hasn't been done yet in this direction. We have to validate that
this workflow just works for us, test it, and document it. Things to do
(at least):

- A .pot file must be generated from DocBook XML file
- One, or several, .po files must be generated from .pot file
- After translation, a translated XML DocBook file must be generated
   from .po file, and original English DocBook
- After original DocBook updates, a merging mechanism must allow to
   update .pot file, and .po files

Who will do that job? You? the documentation manager? the translation
manager?  From my perspective, you are the best suited to start this
project since you will be the first to benefit from its results. If this
workflow proves to work for you, I'm sure the community will embrace it
with enthusiasm and gratitude.

Kind regards,
--
Frédéric DEMIANS