[Koha-docs] Translate KOHA Manual

Frédéric Demians frederic at tamil.fr
Thu Jul 26 08:30:58 CEST 2012

Thanks Karam!

We need documentation on the whole process. We have now this page:

   http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Editing_the_Koha_Manual

This page is incomplete. We have to describe the process followed to
generate the Koha Manual from DocBook XML file. And then, the process
to localize the manual.

I propose to work collaboratively on a new page gathering all
information on the subject:

   http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_Manual

Karam, you could document in Localization section the steps you followed.

Few remarks:

- .po file names shouldn't contains Koha version number. At the end of
   the day, those files will be stored in a Git repository whith branches
   identifying Koha version. .po files for Koha interfaces show us that
   embedding version number in the file name is a bad idea.

- How will we deal with image files? There are a lot of screenshot. Good
   idea or bad idea?

- We will need to write few scripts to generate the translation files.
   There are already somewhere (but where?) scripts to generated
   .pdf/.html versions of the manual. We could gather all those script in
   one place, directly in the Koha Manual git repository.

Kind regards,
--
Frédéric DEMIANS
http://www.tamil.fr/u/fdemians.html