[Koha-docs] [Koha-translate] Arabic manual 38

Frédéric Demians frederic at tamil.fr
Tue Jul 31 09:36:57 CEST 2012

 > Hi Frédéric
 > So what next ?

Someone else than Bernardo or yourself has to validate the whole process to
confirm that it works as expected. What next:

1) Translation process validation
2) You, and others, send me their .po files that have been generated
with 1).
3) .po files from 2) are pushed on translate.koha-community.org.

As soon as 1) is done, you can work on translating your .po file with
the guaranty not to loose your work.

We then have to design a synchronization mechanism:

1) What happen when Nicole Engard (Koha Documentation Manager) updates
    the English master DocBook file?
2) How to publish/package the localized documentation (not the .po
    files, the HTML/PDF files)? At which frequency?

We still have to think about several things:

- Will translators work online (on Pootle) or offline (in a local .po
   files editor)? This will impact the synchronization mechanism.
- What release frequency is wishable?
- How to deal exactly with screenshots? Shouldn't it better to have as
   less screenshots as possible?

I will personally not be able to work on that stuff before the end of
August. But but you're welcome pursuing experimentations and thinking.

Kind regards,