[Koha-docs] Koha Manual Translation

Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel bgkriegel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 13:04:21 CEST 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 5:47 AM, Karam Qubsi <karamqubsi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Bernardo ,
> the translation process is very perfect ^_^ and the result is very good
> thank you for your great efforts to  perform this
>
> You and your team are working hard!
For now I'm (almost) the only one at spanish :(

> I think there is some problem  the parameters in the URL I fell like its
> not standard how could we solve this ?
>
> I mean if some one go to Patrons & Circulation in the main manual :
> http://manual.koha-community.org/3.8/en/patscirc.html
> the end of the url is : patscirc.html<http://manual.koha-community.org/3.8/en/patscirc.html>
>
> but in our work
> http://es.koha-community.org/manual/files/ar/ch01s03.html
>  is : ch01s03.html<http://es.koha-community.org/manual/files/ar/ch01s03.html>
>
> I mean in the future we may have to take user to online help in
> his language so this may could be done easily by make the lang code
> variable in the our example :
>   http://manual.koha-community.org/3.8/ar/patscirc.html<http://manual.koha-community.org/3.8/en/patscirc.html>
>
> have to take the user to Patrons & Circulation in the Arabic manual and
>   http://manual.koha-community.org/3.8/es/patscirc.html<http://manual.koha-community.org/3.8/en/patscirc.html>
>
> to the Spanish one
>
> so I think the problem may about how we are generating the html files

Yes (or no), that is the default output from xmto.
I asked about the script that generates html at manual.k-c, but I had no
response so far.

But if you take your translated manual.xml, commit it in kohadocs.git
repository, then in the
future your manual will have url's like the other languages, I think.

Best regards,
Bernardo