[Koha-docs] Adapting the Koha manual - copyright

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Dec 6 18:47:00 CET 2017

The copyright* applies to the manual, which is why it has a license :)
Yes the GPL allows modification, what it means is if you share your modified manual you have to share the source too. You can't render a pdf say, share it with someone and not give them the underlying sphinx code if they ask.
Also your modified version will be under the GPL too so you can not prohibit someone else modifying it. IE they get the same rights as you.

* the GPL and many other licenses including creative commons are based around copyright. The license is the copyright holder(s) giving people extra rights. They can only legally do that because they have the copyright. (simplified version)

Chris