[Koha-docs] Koha documentation IRC meeting summary - 9 May 2019

David Nind david.nind at gmail.com
Thu May 9 23:36:25 CEST 2019

Introduction
=========

This is a summary of the most recent documentation IRC meeting held on 9
May 2019.

You can access the IRC minutes and logs from
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Documentation_IRC_meeting_9_May_2019#Minutes

Main discussion points
get you setup in Taiga.io.

Automated screen capture (David):
* Has taken a little longer than I had I anticipated to get this working.
* I have things working for basic screenshots, so the next step is adding
definitions for each image required.
* Will be useful to discuss at KohaCon19, especially those who have
experience with selenium tests and the robot framework.
* Still have to write some documentation on how to make this all work...

Style/content development guide (David):
* Working on an outline, but not much more to report on this.
* The editing the manual wiki page is the place to start for new
contributors.

Doc sprint day (David):
* To look at having a doc sprint day, sometime after KohaCon19.
* Would be great if we could create a dashboard for this.
* Would also be ideal to have a video session/walk through of the workflow
beforehand for those interested.

Progress:
* Caroline has update Taiga.io with the latest bugs pushed to master!
* Thanks for those who have made updates in the last month.
* Updates merged from: Phil Ringnalda, Martin Renvoize, Caroline Cyr La
Rose, and Lucy Vaux-Harvey. (Thanks Chris for merging!)

KohaCon19:
* Caroline, Lucy and David will all be at KohaCon19.
* Lots of others who have worked on the manual and are part of the team
will be there, such as Katrin, Chris and Martin.
* Will be great to meet in person!

Priorities for 19.05:
* Release notes: update Bugzilla with a description in the 'Text to go in
release notes' field, items without a description are in the draft release
notes
https://gitlab.com/koha-community/koha-release-notes/blob/master/release_notes_18_12_00.md
* New features for 19:05, such as Mana.
* It can be a bit overwhelming trying to identify things to work on. David
to create a list of suggested tasks that the team can work on (from easy to
hard) and send to the mailing list. Otherwise, pick on something from the
Taiga.io task list that interests you.

Next meeting

The next meeting is 6 June 2019 13:00 UTC.

The draft agenda is available at
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Documentation_IRC_meeting_6_June_2019

If the time doesn't suit, let me know and we can reschedule.

David Nind | david.nind at gmail.com
PO Box 12367, Thorndon, Wellington, New Zealand 6144
m. +64 21 0537 847