[Koha-oz] Koha search stopped working

Phil Pope glenora08 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 11:59:35 CEST 2016

Hi All,

I set up Koha with an instance called glenora on Lubuntu 14.04 a few
days ago and it has been working fine with the 5 records I created to
test with up until today.

Today I added another 30 or so books using the z39.50 search and now
when I search the catalogue from the OPAC or INTRANET page it does find
any records.

I tried rebuilding the zebra index without success.
It seems that zebra is not running as I cannot see it with a
ps -ef | grep zebrasvr command.

When I try
koha-restart-zebra glenora

I get this back.

Invalid --pidfiles argument: '/var/run/koha/glenora/' (Directory does
not exist)

I do not under stand this problem as I never had a /var/run/koha
directory and everything has been working until today.

The only other thing I did around the time that it stopped was install
webmin on the server so I could configure samba.

Has anyone else had this issue and fixed it?
Everything else on Koha is working ok.  I can search patrons and check
books in and out.  Just can't do catalogue searches.

Regards,
Phil