[Koha-oz] unique cataloguing system

Irma Birchall irma at calyx.net.au
Thu Oct 4 09:21:06 CEST 2018

Hi Joy,

Before the data migration process, all your current fields are mapped to
MARC21 fields in Koha. Try this with some sample files, include examples of
all resources types.

After the data import into Koha, you can see if your data is displaying as
you need it to. Repeat and adjust your mapping if needed.

When you start cataloguing in Koha, your cataloguing template/s (we call
them MARC frameworks) should by then have been configured to offer you the
fields you were familiar with and any other fields or subfields that you
wish to have to add specific content. Other fields can be hidden.

This should work very effectively for you.

With kind regards,
Irma

CALYX