[Koha-translate] 1.9.3 announcment

Pat Eyler pate at eylerfamily.org
Fri May 23 17:27:03 CEST 2003

[I've modified Paul's announcment a little bit.  It would be nice to get
this translated into any languages we can and get it submitted to
appropriate news sites.]

The Koha project is happy to announce the release of Koha 1.9.3.
This release adds a lot of bugfixes (thanks to everyone who's
helped!), a first cut at z3950 support, and a script for migration
from other ILSs.  This release marks a feature freeze pending the
2.0.0 release.  As always, this release is available from
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/koha

1.9.3 requires a newer version of MARC::Record than previous versions
of Koha.  Please make sure you're running MARC::Record 1.26. We've
also made a few more tweaks to the Database Schema.  If you've already
installed an earlier version of Koha, you will need to update your DB
to reflect these.

1.9.3 is a beta level release.  It is not intended for production
use.  Please don't run your library on it, as this may result in
martians invading your staff lounge and drinking all your coffee.

If you are evaluating, testing, or playing with 1.9.3 for any reason,
please help us make it better by reporting bugs on bugs.koha.org.
Feel free to fix them too.

More information about Koha is available from http://www.koha.org