[Koha-translate] Re: [Koha-devel] Multilingual Support in The User interfase

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue Aug 17 16:00:54 CEST 2004

lars at rovaniemelainen.com wrote:

>Thanks, Paul.
>
>I have two further questions.  The first one is more important for me.  The
>second is of general interest and would be good to include in the koha
>translation HOWTO or documentation.
>

>First, where can I use these tools to complete the preliminary Swedish
>translation? Are any already online that can make po files?

where ? I'm not sure I understand your question.

>Second, could you give an example or two of using tmpl_process3.pl?

./tmpl_process3.pl without argument gives you the parameters.
for example : ./tmpl_process3.pl create -r -i
~/koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/default/en -s ~/french.po
the -i being for original templates
the -s being the .po to generate.
when you want to generate translated templates, just run
tmpl_process3.pl with install and a -o parameter.

Important note : in Koha, the .po is used to create translated
templates. The .po is NOT used during runtime to translate a page. It's
a sort of "template compilator".
A little bit more work for developpers, but highly less CPU needs during
runtime.

--
Paul POULAIN