[Koha-translate] Translating....

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Wed Jan 19 10:48:02 CET 2005

Klaus Weidenbach a écrit :
> Heihei,

Bonjour,

> I have started today to look around on how to translate koha.
> I have some comments and questions about some things.

Good,
Note that Dorian meid already began the german translation too.

> Is there no singular and plural forms like "day -- days", etc?
> In the String: "- <a1>%s</a>" what does this <a1> stand for? Is it some kind
> of html tag, but why is it not closed by </a1>?

The <a1> </a> are not html tags. They are "po" file. the syntax is not
an html one. the <a1> </a> will be replaced during installation by
something like "<a href="xxx">yourstring</a>" or another thing that is
not a link.

> In the translation there are also these two String:
> "<b>Biblionumber:</b> %s"
> "<b>Biblio number:</b> %s"
> Should they be the same or is there something more with them?

Maybe they could be merged, but it would require modifs in english
templates.

> Btw, does anyone know something about this (koha-subscribe at de.koha.org) german
> ML, that is linked on the koha homepage? It seems not to exist, or I get
> error message at least ;((

probably an outdated link.

--
Paul POULAIN