[Koha-translate] Italian translation?

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Wed Jan 19 11:13:08 CET 2005

Giuseppe.Angilella at ct.infn.it a écrit :
> Salut Paul,
>
>> I've installed a kartouche website for french translation. It works
>> quite well. I can add italian if you want (as it's iso-8859-1 as well
>> a french, it's quite easy. not so easy for arabic or russian
>> translation...)
> That would be great indeed.
OK, done.

>> You just must tell me who is the leader for this translation.
> Assuming the translation is from English to Italian, I could serve as a
> leader, if nobody else is against it. (I am not as fluent in French as
> in English, excuse moi.)
> I look forward to your feedback.

2 suggestions : you should announce the italian translation effort on
koha & koha-dev mailing list.

Here is the way to translate :
* connect to http://bureau.paulpoulain.com/kartouche
* read Intro / Usage then "Start translating". I suggest you begin by
css_opac_it_IT, it's shorter & more useful (=opac in italian can
interest even french or zealander libraries)

Note to all :
when you "Start translating" the opac, you do "suggestions". The
translator coordinator (=guiseppe) must validate them. I'll send to
guiseppe how to validate suggestions.
Then, I must "export" the po file, and regererate the translation.
Guiseppe being the leader, he will tell me when i must do that. It takes
3 minuts when you know well how to do it.
The translator manager can also get the .po file himself & regenerate on
a local machine.

--
Paul POULAIN