[Koha-translate] start Ukrainian translation

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Mon Oct 17 13:23:55 CEST 2005

Сергій Дубик a écrit :
> and few questions:
>
> 1) where to get *.po files:
> from
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/koha/koha/misc/translator/po/
> or from
> tmpl_process3.pl
> ?
it should be the same for 2.2.4
The uptodate method is from tmpl_process3.pl, because it rebuilds the
string list from templates.
but for 2.2.4 the misc/translator/po/ directory is uptodate (i've
generated with tmpl_process3 and commited the files)

> 2) how to set in all *.tmpl files another charset in META,
> maybe such as in localized *.po files (~ utf-8 for me)?

no simple method to do this. We should probably improve tmpl_process3

(and in koha 3.0 we plan to be 100% utf-8, so will be automatic)

> 3) how to start localize UniMarc (to make UkrMarc - ukrainian modification
> of Unimarc)?
good idea !
Just go to misc/marc_data/fr/unimarc.sql and modify the sql file.
Or :
load Koha with unimarc_fr, change all labels, and mysqldump the 2
following tables : marc_tag_structure and marc_subfield_structure.

If you want to build ukr version of unimarc for authorities, it's in :
misc/sql-datas/french/authorites_norme_unimarc.sql

or in auth_tag_structure and auth_subfield_structure

HTH
--
Paul POULAIN