[Koha-translate] Italian translation

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Thu Jul 20 11:41:23 CEST 2006

Paolo Pozzan a écrit :
> Hello Everybody!
> I am new to the list and new to Koha too.
> I'm from Italy so I'd like to translate the UI of Koha in my own
> language. To do so, I already tried to get in touch with Giuseppe
> Angilella (I find his name somewhere in koha website) but he told me he
> no longer follow the project. He forward me a mail from Paul Polain
> telling what to do for the italian translation but any link to the web
> page is working.
> Can please someone tell me what is necessary to do to translate Koha?
> Thank you very much.

Hello Paolo, it's Paul ;-)

I have many problems with my DSL connexion (due to a move), this
explains why you can't reach previous italian translations that where
available from bureau.paulpoulain.com
Be sure that it will be up ASAP.

However, in Koha 3.0, everything & everybody will be in utf-8 (unicode)
For instance, some templates & languages are utf-8, others are latin1
This is a real pain, as translating Koha is much more complex.

Let me know your goals, and we will see if it's worth working on latin1
translation for koha 2, or if it's better to wait for koha 3 and the
everybody-is-in-unicode...

--
Paul POULAIN