[Koha-translate] [Koha-devel] String freeze for 3.0.1

Pablo A. Bianchi pbianchi at fi.uba.ar
Wed Nov 26 13:52:53 CET 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 3:23 PM, Chris Cormack <chris at bigballofwax.co.nz> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 2:39 AM, Pablo A. Bianchi <pbianchi at fi.uba.ar> wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 4:57 AM, Chris Cormack <chris at bigballofwax.co.nz> wrote:
>>> That sounds like a great idea, Ill make sure the new translation
>>> system is all up and ready for november 15th, with automatic template
>>> generation going.
>>
>> More or less when this will be ready?
>>
> Im just waiting on some firewall changes where its being hosted, then
> this will be ready to go. So I hope very soon.

Great!! I've great expectations!

So, now that Koha 3 was released more than three months ago:
Does anyone know more or less when the koha.org site will up and
running with Plone!?

I totally agree with Nicolas Morin, Roberto Allende, Paul Poulain,
Rachel Hamilton-Williams, and all those who think issues should be
divided, we need Plone's functionalities, that is far more important
than the template issue, and should not stop it.

Cheers,
Pablo

PS: Related posts:

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 8:32 AM, Joshua Ferraro <jmf at liblime.com> wrote:

> We're still planning to proceed with Plone, but we've had other priorities
> (like the release of Koha 3.0) that have prevented us from focusing our
> attention on what to do with the koha.org Plone migration.
>
> Some have suggested we switch to Plone and just use the standard Plone
> template; others have suggested we pick one of the submitted designs
> even though we didn't like them, just to move things forward; others have
> suggested we run another contest or perhaps just select someone to pay
> to design a koha.org site that the community is happy with. So there are
> lots of ideas, but I think most of us have been too busy to execute them.
>
>  So Koha community, how shall we proceed?

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 3:45 AM, Nicolas Morin
<nicolas.morin at biblibre.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 1:32 PM, Joshua Ferraro <jmf at liblime.com> wrote:
>
>> Some have suggested we switch to Plone and just use the standard Plone
>> template;
>
> That's my vote: we need the functionalities sooner rather than later,
> especialy as far as the Koha doc for version 3 is concerned.
> I agree with Roberto that the issues should be divided: the problems
> with the proposed Plone templates should not stop us from moving
> forward with the plan to switch to Plone.