[Koha-translate] [Koha-devel] Urdu language Support

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Thu Mar 12 07:01:34 CET 2009

On 3/12/09, Zahoor <zahoor at kics.edu.pk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have installed and configured koha 3.0 on debian and our system is active
> now at University of Engineering and Technology Lahore Pakistan and soon
> will be available through Internet. At this stage, we want to provide URDU
> Language support in this koha 3.0 system to add books from URDU as well as
> wanna input values in required fileds (e.g. Title, auther name, publisher
> name etc.) in URDU. But we are facing problem to add URDU record. As soon as
> an URDU record is entered and we press save record button (add marc record),
> it generates an error. All required fields are in UTF-8.
>
> Can anyone help us how to do that task or what are the things being missed
> by us. Waiting for your response.

Hi Zahoor

I can't help you with the input problem unfortunately, but I will ask on irc.
I have a request for you too.
Koha needs help translating the Opac (and then the intranet) into Urdu.
The Opac has had a little start
http://translate.koha.org/ur_AR/

I would like to encourage you to help (or if you know people that can
help) with translating. Im sure your users would like to be able to
interact with Koha totally in Urdu.

Chris
---
Koha Translation Manager