[Koha-translate] Switch to translate.koha-community.org

Frédéric DEMIANS f.demians at tamil.fr
Sun Dec 5 18:43:07 CET 2010

Hi,

The Koha translation project moved from:

   http://translate.koha.org

to:

   http://translate.koha-community.org

All translators have to proceed a new registration to the new web site.

The Koha current translation project targets Koha version 3.2. Pootle,
the web application which allow you, translators, to do your job from a
web browser or to upload your job to a central place, had been loaded
with your language files for Koha 3.2. You will find one Pootle Project
named Koha 3.2:

   http://translate.koha-community.org/projects/32/

For each language, you have at best 3 files to translate: opac, staff
and system preferences.

As soon as Koha templating system will be switched to Template Toolkit
for version 3.4, a new translation project will be added for the Koha
upcoming version.

Some languages haven't been updated since a long time. Some haven't
anything updated for 3.2 branch. They stay in Koha code repository and
they work as it is. It's acceptable for OPAC. Nothing is lost but I've
decided not to upload to the Koha translation web site languages which
are inactive or have a very low activity. If anybody want to reanimate a
languid language, he/she just have to drop me an email. I will
immediately upload this particular language.

Here is the list of inactive (sorry if I'm wrong) languages. My criteria
is that a language is considered as inactive if its OPAC isn't half
translated. But I keep languages with recent activity (Swedish for
example) even if OPAC isn't half translated.

Koha code   Language
-----------------------
ben         Bengali
bg-Cyrl     Bulgarian