[Koha-translate] Koha 3.2 Manual (es) PDF Version (Full Manual) Character encoding

Pablo Bianchi pablo.bianchi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 19:08:45 CET 2010

Thanks a lot Chris!

On Ubuntu 10.4, with docbook2odf package installed, I tried:

git clone git://git.koha-community.org/kohadocs.git
cd es
docbook2odf manual.xml --output-file manual-es.odt --debug

And after 10' a 23MB ODF file is generated, but for some reason I can't open
it with OpenOffice:

ooffice -view manual.odt
  terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'   what():
 std::bad_alloc

With AbiWord, after a while open it ("Some errors were encountered during
the import."). I saved to another ODT and again trying to open with
OpenOffice. This time it could, but it says it is corrupt and try to fix it.
Then I tried with another package, docbook-utils. Again, a lot of errors. A
bunch of HTMLs with basic format, no colors and problems with images were
generated.

jw manual.xml
*  ...non SGML character number...*
*  ...maximum number of errors (200) reached...*

Are we sure that manual.xml DocBook is perfectly correct?
Someone could do this successfully?

Cheers,
Pablo

PD: At least looks to be completely in UTF-8, as it should.