[Koha-translate] translation updates on live system

Fischer, Katrin Katrin.Fischer at bsz-bw.de
Mon Apr 30 09:54:11 CEST 2012

Hi Karen,

I am not sure I understand what you want to do. If you want to correct typos, misspellings or other problems with the translation you can do so on translate.koha-community.org. This way the next release will contain your corrections.

You could also edit your local po files (misc/translator/po/… in your koha directory) using a normal or a special editor like Poedit. Then you can run the translation scripts again (perl translate install …) and the templates will be regenerated from the changed po files. It’s not recommendable to make changes directly in your template files.

You can find information about the translating Koha and the used scripts in the wiki:

http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Translating_Koha

http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Installation_of_additional_languages_for_OPAC_and_INTRANET_staff_client

Hope that is helpful,

Katrin