[Koha-translate] Error in english po-files

Fridolyn SOMERS fridolyn.somers at biblibre.com
Thu Jun 6 09:56:02 CEST 2013

There is indeed a problem.

Actually in 3.12.x sources, we have in da-DK PO file :

#. SCRIPT
#: intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modules/tools/quotes.tt:11
msgid ""
"No quotes available. Please use the \\\"Add quote\\\" button to add a
quote."
msgstr ""
"Ingen citater tilgængelige. Brug knappen \\\"Tilføj citat\\\" for at
tilføje "
"et citat."

For translating Javascript string :
_("No quotes available. Please use the \"Add quote\" button to add a
quote.");

The Bug 8942 introduced the exclusive double-quotes usage for strings in
JS, so inside double-quotes must be escaped.

The problem is that actually, the translated string is :
_("Ingen citater tilgængelige. Brug knappen \\"Tilføj citat\\" for at
tilføje et citat.");

It seems that back-slash in original string must be escaped by not in
translated string.
This appears in some other strings like : "Line \n", ...
So the solution is to use single back-slash in translated string where
there is a double in original string.

You mays correct by using inside single quotes. But, do not use
single-quotes as string delimiter.

I will work on this for French translation.

Rgards,

--
Fridolyn SOMERS
Biblibre - Pôle support