[Koha-translate] Wrong translation with {count}

Jonathan Druart jonathan.druart at bugs.koha-community.org
Fri Dec 11 11:50:19 CET 2020

Hello translators,

When I released 20.11 I faced several translation problems on the
following strings:
  msgid "There is one archived suggestion."
  msgid_plural "There are {count} archived suggestions."
We recently added the ability to translate strings with pluralisation.

You can see in the following commit the changes I made just before I released:
https://git.koha-community.org/Koha-community/Koha/commit/d3acf7bebc0084be622e1f0e1c655523e2ddc1cf

I am pretty sure I have not fixed them correctly, but I am not fluent
in those languages :)

On good example is the French one:
https://translate.koha-community.org/fr/20.11/translate/fr-FR-messages.po#search=archived%20suggestion&sfields=source,target

Plural form 0
There is one archived suggestion.
=> Il y a une suggestion archivée.
Plural form 1
There are {count} archived suggestions.
=> Il y a {count} suggestions archivées.

If there is a {count}, you *must* keep it as it is, don't translate
it, don't replace the brackets with something else, otherwise the
translation won't work.

If you are a translator for one of these languages, could you fix it
for 20.11.01 which will be released in about 10 days?

If you need any help, please let us know!

Cheers,
Jonathan