[Koha-translate] Self introduction

Quỳnh Vũ Đỗ quynhvd at thanglong.edu.vn
Sat Jun 6 05:08:09 CEST 2020

Hello everyone
I just subscribed to this email list and so, I'd like to introduce myself.
I work for the Thang Long University, located in Hanoi (Vietnam), since
March 2014 and I have been put in charge of following the activities of the
university's library.
Thus, I have promoted the use of Koha as ILS and have replaced the previous
proprietary software that was used prior to my arrival when I received a
request from the library for a necessity to upgrade the library's software.
The migration to a Koha (at that time it was 2.16, I think) vietnamized
version was contracted to a local Vietnamese company (D&L).

Subsequently, in 2015, I think, Koha 2.xx was upgraded to Koha 3.18 which
remained used until February 2020. Then the library's server had a hardware
problem (mainboard) and since then, I have been busied in upgrading the
Koha Thang Long university's library database from 3.18 to the latest
stable Koha release 19.11.05.

In the process I went through a few mistakes in Vietnamese translations
which prompted me to join the Koha Translation project. I have registered
an account at the https://translate.koha-community.org web page and have
started translation Koha 19.11.

I don't know if there are still remaining active Vietnamese translators ?
If so, I'd be pleased to get in touch with them as well.

Best regards to everyone.
Quynh

M. Vũ Đỗ Quỳnh (Ph.D)
Trường Đại học Thăng Long - Université de Thang Long - Thang Long
University (Hanoi, Vietnam)
Phó Hiệu Trưởng, phụ trách HTQT - Vice-recteur chargé de la coopération
internationale - Vice-Rector in charge of International Cooperation
Web: http://thanglong.edu.vn/