[Koha-translate] How to upload a .po file into Pootle? - To upload terminology for example

Victor Grousset/tuxayo victor at tuxayo.net
Tue Mar 30 19:34:45 CEST 2021

Hi :)

The french terminology is outdated, has too much non relevant terms
causing it to be several times larger that most other languages.

So we tried to regenerate/update it, it could be useful for other language.

There was the proposal of taking the file from another language and
replace the french one. So we tried it since we can download and upload
.po files

So what we did was:

- download french terminology.po as backup
https://translate.koha-community.org/fr/terminology/terminology.po
"Download for offline translation"
- download Spanish terminology.po (actually named essential.po)
- open it with the libre version of Poedit
- selection of all the string lines
- top menu => edit => clear translation
- saved the file
- opened it with a text editor
- changed a few lines to match of the original french file
"Language: fr\n"
- deleted Spanish and Arabic string comments in the file
- renamed essential.po to terminology.po
- (not sure what was useful in the above steps, that was guesswork)
- on this page
https://translate.koha-community.org/fr/terminology/terminology.po
- Upload translations => selected the file

Result: Nothing changed, same file as before in the web interface and
the export directory:
https://translate.koha-community.org/export/terminology/fr/

Does anyone have hints about how to upload .po files directly?

Cheers,

--
Victor Grousset/tuxayo